Friday, February 22, 2008

Better browsing experience - Firefox tweak

As you can see, your ASUS EEE PC is really small and its LCD is even smaller. With 800x480 resolution you have to take care about every single one pixel of your screen. And there are several black spots in default configuration of EEE - everything is too big for EEE LCD. Fonts, controls, windows decoration...
So now I'm going to explain some tricks to get more space for web pages and so for better user experience with surfing over Internet waves. This how-to is for Firefox - default browser of Easy mode.

1. Configure fonts
2. Get lightweight Firefox theme
3. Browse in full screen mode

Ad. 1.
Go to Firefox Preference dialog (Edit -> Preferences) and select Content tab. In Fonts & Colors section click Advanced button and set font size and minimal font size. Feel free to set it for your eyes :)

Ad. 2.
Install miniFox theme - it's reduced default Firefox theme. Download it from here and then select as default theme - meno Tools - Add-ons - Themes - miniFox - Use Theme and restart Firefox.

Ad. 3.
When browsing press F11 key. Another F11 keypress brings you to windowed mode.

Enjoy ;)



PS: This is my first blog here (and my terrible english on public:) so I hope it helped you and feel free to ask me EEE related questions (or unrelated about me, my English or whatever :D )

No comments: